Saturday, December 7, 2013

Are you lukewarm in your faith?

Daily Scripture Reading: Revelations 3:15-22
"I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich and affluent and no need of anything, and yet do not realize that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I advise you to buy from me gold reined by fire so that you may be rich, and white garments to put on so that your shameful nakedness may not be exposed, and buy ointment to smear on your eyes so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and chastise. Be earnest, therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me. I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne, as I myself first won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne. Whoever has ears ought to hear what the Spirit says to the churches." (New American Bible)

Are you lukewarm instead of hot or cold for Christ? Are you opening your door to Christ because he is knocking? Is your home and life a place where you want Jesus to visit? When I say home I do not mean just within yourself. Are you openly living your faith at home and at work or all places you go, sharing it with your loved ones and friends and acquaintances, making it obvious in your home and your life that Jesus dwells within your walls and within you?

Daily Prayer:
My Lord, Jesus Christ, you are my Savior. My Lord I praise you. Thank you, Lord, for your many blessings. Lord please enter my house and dine with me. Lord let me know you more and more fully with each passing day. Lord let your Word dwell in my heart and strengthen me and give me wisdom and courage. Lord may all those I encounter this day see only You today and not me. I give you my entire being to use as you will. I love you, Jesus. In Jesus name, Amen. +

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.